London is the heart of the United Kingdom and there is nothing as good as to have an education in one of the best cities in the world. Over 300 students from Ghana study undergraduate and postgraduate courses in London. The majority of Ghanaian students who come to London study at postgraduate level. Business, social studies and engineering courses are the most popular subjects for Ghanaian students followed by health related courses, law and medicine. Getting the right advice and support is fundamental, not only to the studies but start from the application process. This is where Pinnacle Amofahba Education comes in
Applying to study in London – The Process
- Contact Pinnacle Amofahba Education by email, direct phone contact and or by completing a short form on the website (www.amofahbaeducation.co.uk).
- A representative will contact you and discuss with you on the courses of your study and get you registered. Your certificates and the necessary documentations would processed and submitted to the university.
- Amofahba in this process will also support you to apply for the visa and pay the visa application fee for you. This is included in the £500.00 you pay as part of the registration process.
- Once admission letters are received and offer is made, Students pay their designated course fees directly to the university. Afterwards the certificate of acceptance is provided with an unconditional offer letter based on which student applies for the visa with the support and advice of Amofahba education.
- Upon arrival in the UK for the first time, AmofahBa Education sends a representative to meet the students at the airport and take them to their accommodation.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY AT LONDON UNIVERSITIES
If you have graduated from the Ghanaian education system, you may be required to successfully complete a one year International Foundation course before entering a University’s undergraduate courses.
London universities accept the West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCE/WAEC) with a minimum of 5 subjects at grade B or C PLUS a recognised university foundation course for entry onto a Bachelor degree. One year of undergraduate studies at a recognised Ghanaian university with an average CGPA of approximately 3.3/4 or 3.5/5 may also be accepted. You will be required to successfully complete the WASSCE/WAEC with a Grade B or C in at least 5 subjects to qualify for the International Foundation course.
For the entry requirements for Postgraduate Courses (Second degree), You will normally be required to have an Upper Second Class Bachelor degree (UK 2:1 degree) with an average CGPA of 3.3/4 or 3.5/5 (or above) from a recognised Ghanaian university. Some courses may also accept a Lower Second Class Bachelor degree (UK 2:2 degree). For any support just contact us @ amofahbaeducation.co.uk and we will advise if your qualifications meet the requirements of your chosen course.
STUDENT ACCOMMODATION IN LONDON
One of the fundamental issues of student studies in London is where to stay. This would also have an impact on the visa application as accommodation means stability for the student. There are a lot of student accommodations available which students can book as part of the application process. If students have relatives or family links they can also stay with them for some time before finding their own accommodation. In addition here are some useful links:
- www.casita.com or
- contact amofahbaeducation.co.uk for help in finding the right accommodation near you